Not about us, without us
Having a seat at the tables where important decisions are made has always been (and continues to be) central to the disability rights movement.
- Too many kids with special needs do not have appropriate educational opportunities or successful outcomes.
- Too many people with disabilities can’t get good jobs or find housing.
- Too many programs intended to help persons with disabilities are severely underfunded.
- In times of disaster and crisis, persons with disabilities and those who are elderly are often the last to be considered.
- In times of economic challenge, programs for persons with disabilities are often the first to be cut.
- Too often, services and supports for kids and adults with disabilities are difficult to find or are otherwise inaccessible.
It is time for those who are part of (or who care about the needs of) the disabilities community to have a seat at the table and to be part of the conversations and decisions that impact lives.
snkids.org is here to help.
Systems change, political change, and cultural change don’t just happen, they need to be designed, organized, and implemented. Building power for the change we want to see for the community of persons with disabilities will make a difference.
- Leaders need to be cultivated and trained to get elected and appointed to champion impactful decision making.
- Causes need to be turned into organized campaigns with clear objectives to achieve lasting results.
- Groups need to be shaped into effective organizations to grow, build momentum, and help communities.
- Alliances need to be formed so that all persons with disabilities are heard and so that we can work together to ensure better outcomes for all.
The snkids.org team has decades of expertise making effective change happen – in the government, non-profit, and private sectors. We are now using those skills to make positive change for this community. We’re working on snkids.org projects and with individuals, groups, and advocates to impact change for better outcomes for children and adults with disabilities.
snkids.org is a 501(c)(4) non-profit corporation. Our mission is to improve systems, navigate politics, and battle stigmas. We are a partner and an ally of disability groups, causes, and individuals looking to make positive change in support of better outcomes for all persons with disabilities.
Ask us about partnership opportunities and consulting services.
Together we can achieve better outcomes… and we look forward to working with you!